The Senior Director of Digital is responsible for the management and growth of a high-performance digital team and driving multi-channel strategies to acquire, cultivate, retain and upgrade online donors across multiple nonprofit clients. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker and natural leader, able to work in a fast-paced environment with ever-shifting schedules and priorities.
The major areas of expertise include:
- Previous experience in the building and development of a high-performance team
- Specialized knowledge of at least two of the following is required: email campaigns, advocacy, social networking, search engine marketing, peer-to-peer fundraising, or other digital acquisition channels.
- Understanding of digital direct response and nonprofit industry fundraising best practices.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team lead.
- Commitment to high-quality client service.
- Comfort working with data and using past results to drive future strategy.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and prioritize constantly shifting opportunities.
- Hiring, staffing, and resource allocation of the digital team for current business as well as the future.
- Management and oversight of the digital team. Encourage their strong client services skills, industry participation, internal Barton Cotton Fundraising Group growth, and increase knowledge of digital marketing as it pertains to the nonprofit industry.
- Specialize management style to each staff member as it permits to encourage their best performance.
- Create an effective process and information flow between the digital team and other disciplines; lead problem-solving.
- Identify team training needs and updates to processes as we foster greater collaboration
- Advise staff on campaign strategy direction and implementation options.
- Analyze and understand the successes and shortcomings of various client programs and provide strategic direction for program improvement.
- Oversee the creation of digital marketing budget for clients including advertising spend and campaign revenue.
- Oversee the production and launch of digital marketing campaigns.
- Review regular statistics reports and analysis for active marketing and fundraising efforts and work with junior account staff to make recommendations to clients.
- Seek out viable digital marketing opportunities, stay abreast of online marketing trends; coordinate testing of new platforms with account teams.
- Work with other senior staff to ensure processes and client deliverables are consistent across teams.
- Knowledge share with colleagues in the industry to ensure BCFG clients stay on the cutting edge of direct response nonprofit fundraising.
- Contribute to Barton Cotton Fundraising Group’s presence in the direct response fundraising industry through knowledge sharing via whitepapers, social media, blog posts, case studies, and/or conference presence.
- Support new business processes and initiatives when needed.
- Leadership ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Friendly, customer-service oriented attitude.
- Expertise with mentoring staff and managing teams.
- Technical savvy.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational/project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience
- 7-10 years of experience.
- Fundraising experience strongly preferred.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Degree in Business or Marketing especially useful, but not required.
- Experience with eCRM platforms such as Blackbaud Convio/Luminate Online, Salsa, Classy, Engaging Networks required. Knowledge of CMS and web editing software a plus. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting on campaign results and testing data.
- Hands-on experience with paid advertising platforms required; current certification a plus.
- Agency or client service experience is strongly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52.00 - $64.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from MarketForThem
when applying for this job.