Training Coordinator / Community Education Advocate
Pinetree Institute, a non-profit organization based in Eliot, Maine, is launching a three-year community education program to build awareness of ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) and the importance of trauma-informed care for Eastern Rockingham County NH, Strafford County NH and York County Maine. The core of this initiative is a group of 30 Master Trainers from a variety of professional backgrounds who will do presentations in the community and train Community Champions to provide education and support to their local communities. The Training Coordinator will work directly with the Executive Director to manage the training initiative, build support in communities to engage Master Trainers and provide on-going training and resources to the Master Trainer and Community Champion community. In addition, the Training Coordinator will manage on-line resources and work with the website manager to keep website content and information updated. The Training Coordinator will also have a major role in helping to design and implement a new range of on-line learning that is a part of Pinetree Institute’s new on-line learning efforts.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Background and interest in ACEs, trauma-informed care and related topics and a passion for carrying this information to the broader community
· Professional training and work experience in a related field
· Strong presentation and training skills
· Experience with creating training and presentation materials and rapidly adapting materials for changing requirements including experience with virtual and on-line learning
· Demonstrated ability in training trainers and providing support to other professionals
· Ability to reach out to community organizations to promote programs and engage organizations in the community education process
· Strong Powerpoint and Word skills required with knowledge of Excel, Google Docs and social media an added plus
Other job information:
· This is a contract position reported on a Form 1099.
· Up-to-date personal computer with a strong and reliable internet connection is required.
· Must live within easy driving distance of communities in Seacoast NH and York County Maine and have reliable personal transportation.
· Work location is flexible. Much of the work can be done from a home location with meetings at Pinetree offices and events held throughout the three-county area. In the initial stages of work while pandemic restrictions are in place, all work will be done virtually.
· Flexible hours with some evenings and weekends likely.
· Position is for 20 hours per week (Average of 80 hours per month). Contract fee is $30 per hour. Initial contract is through June 30, 2021, with potential for renewal.
Application deadline is August 5 for a September 1 start date.
Email statement of interest and resume via this job posting. No telephone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $30.00 per hour
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Posted 2 months agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume