Functions under general supervision and direction of the Director of Patient Relations (DPR) to plan, direct, and evaluate potential patients through a referral system, in accordance with established policy and philosophy. Assesses the needs of patients in accordance with the Pre-Screening Evaluation Form and initiates, implements and evaluates individualized patients. Reviews information gathered and communicates effectively with the Medical Director or their designee and the Professional Services Director for patient admission. Identifies candidates who meet the program criteria and who will benefit from program services.
Builds a positive relationship with area physicians, physician office staff and hospitals. Markets the hospital and its services. Helps to educate the area discharge planners, physicians and other appropriate referral sources for admissions into the facilities. The Admissions Manager, in coordination with the DPR, helps plan, implement, and supervise programs designed to advance the objectives of the facilities.
Supervises and manages Nurse and Clinical Liaisons servicing the same hospital location(s). Provides direction and guidance in weekly marketing meetings, reviewing individual and team goals.
- Identifies referral sources and potential referral sources.
- Performs on-site and telephone preadmission screening and clinical assessment. These services may be provided in institutional, residential, out-patient and community settings. These settings can include, but are not limited to, facilities for acute care, rehabilitation and skilled nursing, nursing homes, residential or day care facilities, or private residences.
- Provides recommendations as to appropriate levels of care.
- Coordinates the patient admission process.
- Educates clients, family members or significant others, referral sources, hospital personnel, external payers, and external case managers as to rehabilitation program benefits and services.
- Works as the liaison case manager with the internal and external case management team to provide a cost-effective plan for each client.
- Demonstrates positive communication between customers at all times.
- Maintains high ethical standards.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of facilities, products, services, and acuity trends.
- Develops relationships with referral sources. Educates discharge planners, physicians and others of inpatient criteria.
- Prepares and submits activity reports.
- Prepares and submits reports at the direction of the DPR.
- Develops rapport with clients and their family members or significant others.
- Conducts other duties including exhibiting and providing tours.
- Provides information necessary to facilitate referrals and subsequent admissions to outside sources.
- Establishes and maintains referral sources.
- Identifies new referral sources.
- Develop creative marketing strategies to maintain and obtain referral sources.
- Provides outcome data to appropriate personnel within the hospital and to required physicians and their offices.
- Negotiates approval for patient’s admission, through effective communication with hospital personnel and physicians.
- Serves as a contact person for the hospital staff, internal admissions team, patients, and external sources to enhance outcomes.
- Promotes good public relations with patients, healthcare providers, and other involved people.
- Exhibits professional behavior as a facility representative.
- Assists in reviewing and revising policies and procedures. Observes and supports hospital policy, mission statement, and vision. Supports and enforces infection-control policies and procedures.
- Floats to other units/facilities as assigned.
- Takes liaison call as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books; journals and other literature and attending related seminars, conferences, etc.
- Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality. Assures protection and privacy of health information as attained through written, electronic or oral disclosures.
- Displays concern and initiative. Is resourceful and calm in emergencies.
- Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments, and visitors as well as outside referral sources, hospitals and physicians.
- Seeks guidance and remains knowledgeable of, and complies with, all applicable federal and state laws, as well as hospital polices that apply to assigned duties.
- Complies with hospital expectations regarding ethical behavior and standards of conduct.
- Complies with federal and hospital requirements in the areas of protected health information and patient privacy.
- Provides direction and supervision to appropriate Nurse/Clinical Liaisons servicing the same hospital location(s).
Education: Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing, Social Work, or related field.
Experience: Prefer 6 months of RN, LPN, LMHC, Social Work experience. Prefer experience marketing and or community relations.
Licensure: Currently licensed in the State of Indiana as a Registered Nurse, LPN, LMHC. CPR Certified.
Skills: Must demonstrate expertise in analysis, decision making, time management, oral and written communication, and computer use. Familiarity with the resources available for use in assessing regulations. Good assessment skills and understanding of the insurance and managed care arenas. Ability to function independently. Able to communicate the hospital objectives and goals to outside individuals. Able to effectively seek out and communicate to outside referral sources.
The employee may be exposed to blood borne pathogens, infectious diseases, and other hazardous wastes, (i.e. Hepatitis, Aids, Tuberculosis). Proper precautions will be taught and provided by the hospital. The position requires a considerable amount of walking, stooping, pulling, lifting, feeling, hearing, and repetitive motions, occasionally overhead and low reaching, and to exert force of up to 50 lbs. occasionally, up to 10 lbs. frequently. May be asked to assist with greater weights.
Seeks guidance and remains knowledgeable of, and complies with, all applicable federal and state laws as well as regulations and hospital policies that apply to assigned duties.
Complies with hospital expectations regarding ethical behavior and standards of conduct.
Complies with federal and hospital requirements in the areas of protected health information and patient privacy.
Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required in the hospital's sole discretion.
Job Type: Full-time
- Admissions: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Please mention that you come from MarketForThem
when applying for this job.