POSITION TITLE: COVID-19 TESTER
FLSA STATUS: 1.0 FTE, Non-Exempt, Non- Union Position
POSITION OVERVIEW: Immediate openings for nurses that must commit at least one year of employment. Reporting to the Hayward Fire Department. This position has been developed to assists clients with performing on-site medical screening specifically for COVID 19 samples for clinical laboratory testing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up/break down of screening stations
- Screening, swabbing, scribing
- Follow-up phone calls to share test results
- Mobile testing (may be required to screen at local skilled nursing facilities and businesses)
- Adhere to standard precautions at all times
- LVN Licensure or RN License preferred or recent graduate from the nursing program
- 1 years’ recent experience as LVN/RN
- Valid Licensure for LVN or RN
- Spanish bilingual preferred
- Must be able to work full-time
- Customer Service skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Knowledge of basic laboratory testing procedures, laboratory precautions, and the use and care of laboratory equipment in assigned area
- Knowledge of instruments, methods, and materials used in a hospital laboratory
WORKING CONDITIONS AND JOB SETTING
- Driving and access to a car are required.
- Periodic lifting up to 40 pounds is required.
- Position involves standing for long periods.
- Requires working outdoors and indoors
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Assumes responsibility for doing assigned work and for meeting deadlines. Completes assigned work on or before deadlines in accordance with directives, policies, standards, and proscribed procedures.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to clients, including cultural and ethical beliefs, and implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Knowledge of community resources for client referrals.
- Attends work regularly and adheres to policies and procedures regarding absences and tardiness. Provides adequate notice to supervisor and management with respect to vacation time and time-off requests.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including client confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of client care and department functioning.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others; and acts as a resource to team members and clients where appropriate.
- Handles difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions and accepts constructive criticism.
- Observes and keeps self-informed of activities in the department and makes recommendations for change.
- Develops and maintains cooperative and courteous relationships with fellow employees, supervisor, managers in other departments, senior management, and executive staff, and community stakeholders.
- Tactfully and effectively handles requests, suggestions, and complaints from other departments and persons in order to maintain goodwill within the agency.
- Full-time, Non-Exempt Position
- Excellent benefits package, including medical/dental/vision benefits, vacation, sick, and holiday leave, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan.
- Work-life balance
- Great working hours
- Supportive/Collaborative work environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Opportunities for Growth and Professional Development
- Holiday and employee celebrations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $40.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Only full-time employees eligible
Please mention that you come from MarketForThem
when applying for this job.