The Entrepreneur Fund is an economic development organization committed to growing the regional economy by boosting the abilities of the region’s business owners seeking growth. We provide business loans up to $750,000 and strategic services to entrepreneurs in northeast Minnesota, central Minnesota, and northwest Wisconsin. Our mission is a robust regional economy where entrepreneurs create thriving businesses, vibrant communities, and diverse regional economies.
The Funding and Compliance Manager is a detail-oriented and strategic position dedicated to supporting the successful execution of all organizational funding cycles including grants, debt, donations, and in-kind contributions. This role will be responsible for supporting the funding application process; overseeing the compliance and financial administration of federal, state, and private grants; ensuring that program initiatives/grant deliverables are met; and that the organization meets compliance and reporting requirements. This role will also assist in budget development process and perform budget analysis duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
As a cross-functional role, this position will be active on both the Development Team and Finance Team, with clear expectations and accountabilities for each. The ideal candidate for this role should have superior organizational and project management skills, exceptional communications skills, and excellent financial and monitoring skills. They will bring a strong ability to ensure complete funding compliance with the rules and regulations administered by funders, while serving as a liaison with staff to ensure basic understanding of financial and funder requirements.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
· 100% funder compliance and timeliness of funder reports.
· Accurate and complete reports – grant performance, activities, and demographics.
· A well-managed organizational funding process: systems and staff for all aspects of development.
REQUIRED TALENTS & SKILLS
· Financial and accounting management. Nonprofit financial management.
· Project management. The ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Must have the ability to impose structure, plan, and set-up recurring routines with a focus on timelines and deadlines. Can deliver complete, quality deliverables early or on time in a consistent manner.
· Research, Analytical, and numbers orientation. Data, evaluation, and research driven. Naturally curious and understanding of the scientific method in understanding, affecting, and measuring social and economic needs.
· Management. To give direction, support, and feedback to staff to meet the functional goals.
· Adaptability. The ability to respond to changes in the environment and situations in which short time frames for submitting grant proposals come up. Can understand various stakeholder needs, perspectives, and have an ability to adjust to these different contexts.
· High proficiency in MS Excel.
· Ability to read, analyze, and effectively interpret government grant criteria & regulations
· Ability to interpret foundation criteria, values, and intentions.
· Ability to construct timelines, and activities for grant applications, and reports.
· Ability to analyze and understand grant budgets, operational costs, and organizational funding.
· Proficiency in database or non-profit data collection software. Must be able to understand, master, and utilize software to ensure inputs result in the desired outputs for meaningful activity and demographic reports.
PREFERRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
· Associate, bachelor’s degree or applicable experience in accounting, finance, nonprofit management, grants management, compliance, and/or auditing.
· A background or passion for small business, economic development, community development, or urban planning is preferred.
· Proficiency in non-profit data collection/evaluation and software systems such as Outcome Tracker or Salesforce is preferred.
· Proficiency in financial management software and systems, Great Plains preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Posted 2 months agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume