We are seeking a full-time, highly organized, and motivated individual to manage the day-to-day operations involving the extraction, post-processing, and distillation of cannabis biomass and oils. Occasionally, daily responsibilities will vary outside of standard job duties. Additionally, the Laboratory Manager has the responsibility of ensuring all equipment is working at maximum efficiency, as well as keeping the laboratory clean, organized and well-stocked. This position is based at our production facility in Pittsfield, MA.
About the company:
We are a medical and recreational cannabis company with a focus on quality, from seed to sale. Our manufactured product portfolio includes ethanol and hydro-carbon extractions, distillate, vape cartridges, and rosin.
· Operation and maintenance of equipment for cannabis extraction, distillation, and other post-processing steps.
· Management of 3-5 technicians.
· Following and writing SOPs for all processes performed in the laboratory.
· Ensuring efficient and cost-effective processes are being utilized.
· Cleaning and maintenance of equipment and laboratory space.
· Maintaining strict inventory records of cannabis concentrate, lab consumables, and equipment in conjunction with the Laboratory Manager and fellow associates.
· Record keeping of all details pertinent to the extraction processes.
· Knowing, understanding, and meeting all regulations set by the Cannabis Control Commission.
· Storing of supplies and equipment, disposal of waste, and keeping work area in pristine condition.
· Washing and sterilization of laboratory glassware and equipment.
· Participating in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
· Working collectively and respectfully with other team members.
· Enforcing a culture of safety with an attention to detail.
· Assisting in product design and presentation as opportunities arise.
Essential Work Experience and Qualifications:
· 2+ years experience working in a cannabis extraction laboratory, preferably in a management capacity.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Detail oriented with an eye on process improvement and optimization.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage high-stress situations, and be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires.
· Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 60 pounds.
· Throughout extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking through the workday.
· Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
· Ability to work a varying schedule including nights, weekends, and overtime on occasion.
· Understanding of OSHA guidelines for workplace safety and hazardous chemicals.
· Full comprehension of CCC regulations as they relate to processes completed in the laboratory.
· Compliance and understanding of laboratory standards.
· Bachelor's degree in science-related field (Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Plant Biology, Chemical Engineering, other)
· Full-time with benefits upon completion of probationary period (60 days) - includes group health, dental, life insurance, PTO, and company discount
Job Type: Full-time
This is a full-time position located at our main location in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
Why us? Berkshire Roots is the leading cannabis purveyor in Western Massachusetts, home to the largest indoor cannabis grow space in the Berkshires. We’ve been bringing wellness to our community with cannabis since 2018. We support our community through volunteering, donations to local nonprofits and creating jobs.
Berkshire Roots, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. We value an innovative and collaborative culture, celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Visit berkshireroots.com to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Posted 2 months agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume