Backed by leading venture capital funds and two media companies, Papercup is a machine learning startup making the world's video content watchable in any language. Using a cutting-edge approach to speech processing, we're auto-translating the voice track on videos by generating voices that sound just like the original speaker - but in different languages.
We are looking for someone part-time on a contract 6 months basis to help us to take our content creation and content marketing to the next level. Someone with a passion for research-led copywriting and content creation experiments using an array of media, from Video to Podcasts.
We would love to meet people with creative ideas and who are willing to learn about how to distribute content on social, offline and online communities.
You'll be responsible for:
- Understanding our target markets and becoming engrained with our partners
- Spotting opportunities on topics and areas where the right content will make a positive impact on the business
- Taking ownership of our content calendar, scheduling and managing content creation tracks
- Hands-on copywriting and content creation for Sales & Marketing activities
- Becoming the bastion of Papercup's messaging, tone & voice, and writing principals
- Lightly managing our social accounts to distribute content and engage with our communities
- Experimenting with community engagement in other areas of the digital world (e.g. Reddit or building our own forum of Content Creators) to grow Papercup's brand and traffic generation
Our ideal candidate:
- You have a flair for writing and you're looking for an opportunity to show off your skills
- You have a passion for content creation and have some experience in creating content in video or audio formats
- You know how to do your research and become an expert on a new topic overnight
- You pride yourself in time management and can demonstrate that you've created multiple pieces of content in parallel and delivered on time
- You have examples of copy you've written and/or pieces of content you generated that's had a positive outcome. This could be work you've done in previous companies as part of a campaign, content for your personal channels or even work you've done as part of an education course
- You can clearly explain (and if possible demonstrate) your understanding on how content distribution and the channels used matter almost as much as the piece of content itself
- You have an understanding of basic principals of search engine friendly content
- You get excited by running experiments to increase viewership of your content
- You feel comfortable distributing content and engaging communities online
How do you know if you’ll love working with us?
- We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for.
- We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership.
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive rates
- The opportunity to learn - enrol in courses or conferences that help improve your skills
- Food and fun: free snacks, Friday breakfasts, monthly team socials, annual offsites, the best Slack banter you can find
Do you think Papercup's a good match for your next role?
Please mention that you come from MarketForThem
when applying for this job.